I am a Social Justice Witch who goes by xe and xir pronouns, a technopagan devoted to Hermes and Hestia, and a fat black dfab femme. I am everything Tea Partiers fear, and one day, I will be president of the United States. Look forward to my reign of terror.
This is a multi-fandom blog that ain't got time for racism, sexism, ableism or shaming people for their body, religion, who they have sex with, or how much they have sex, and if you think reverse racism, heterophobia, allyphobia, or MRAs are things I should care about, you want to fuck RIGHT the hell off, because you have stumbled upon the WRONG blog, friend.
Feel free to chat me up on the reblog, send me some asks, or ask me to tag anything problematic for you. I don't bite. Much.
*~*~*~*I have recently fallen into hard times, and I can't figure out how to add a Paypal button, so if you want to send me some money and help me out, my Paypal email address is PFGurl4Life2005@yahoo.com
*~*~*~*My Fanfiction Tag
*~*~*~*Avatar by this lovely human bean!
if anyone has a tough year ahead of them or behind them
this japanese fisherman will get you back on your feet, i can guarantee
I WON’T GIVE UP, JAPANESE FISHERMAN!!!
THIS IS ACTUALLY SURPRISINGLY INSPIRATIONAL, EVERYONE NEEDS A JAPANESE FISHERMAN TO YELL AT THEM SOMETIMES OKAY
Any time you see this message, and it will be this exact message, because I’ll repeat it over and over again, will you please send me an ask saying something to the effect of “You are precious”?
I KNOW I need help, I have a lot of issues, and to be honest, I’m rather suicidal. I need to be checked in on, and I’m the only one who can do it, so I’m recruiting your help.
It doesn’t have to be a big message, it can even be exactly what I asked for, I just need to be reminded, regularly, that I matter to someone, that someone CARES, and that I have left a dent in this world.
Thanks for the help.
1. There will be some days when you close your eyes while crossing the street, maybe because you want to see what fate has in store for you, or maybe because your depression is running rampant again and you don’t know how to calm her. It’s okay. I will still love you.
2. There will be a year, or a series of years when your birthday doesn’t feel special. Celebrate anyway. Because people spent time baking you a cake and buying you cards and even if they’re your family and they’re obligated to, they still love you. Cherish that love. Revel in it. It is the best gift you will ever receive.
3. You will learn that the saddest word in the English language is stay. Whether it’s your mother’s voice whispering it before you leave for college, or your ex-lover’s desperate screams as you walk out of the house, it will always be a hard word to hear. Sometimes you should listen to it, other times you shouldn’t. Trust yourself. Go with your gut.
4. Along with hearing the word stay, you will also hear the word why from every person who is remotely related to you. Why did you get that tattoo? Why did you try to kill yourself? Why aren’t you married yet? You don’t have to answer them. Be selfish. Keep some things to yourself.
5. Some nights you won’t be able to sleep. You will lie awake at 2 am and contemplate existentialism and wonder if the French had a point. Get up. Get out of your bed. Do something. Because even if there is no God, what you do matters, who you are matters. You matter to me.
6. Some days you will want to run away and never return. So go. Drive to a small town in the Northwest, maybe Oregon, and settle down there for a while. Tell people your name is Elizabeth, because you loved Jane Austen as a child and because this a town full of strangers and who’s to know the difference? Don’t be selfish. Call your mother each night and remind her that you love her. Come back home when you find yourself seeing your sadness painted in the shadows, and when you feel more at home in the arms of a stranger than on your own.
7. There will be several nights when you lose yourself in the medicine cabinet, because liquor and morphine seem like a faster cure than time. It’s okay. I will still love you in the morning.
8. One day, in the midst of work, you will learn to forgive. It will start out with a simple reminder of the past, maybe a facebook notification from an old schoolmate or a wedding announcement from an ex-lover. In that moment you will learn that yearning for the past isn’t romantic, it’s stupid, and that if Gatsby had just let go of the green light he would’ve lived. So forgive your past, it didn’t know any better, and move on.
9. Leaving home will hurt, but soon you will learn that home isn’t a place but a feeling, and that there is a compass on your heart that points directly to that feeling. Follow that compass. Don’t get sidetracked by [girls] who don’t care or alcohol that doesn’t forgive. If you follow that compass, no matter how lost you get, you will always have a home.
10. The hardest lesson you will ever learn will be to love yourself. But you can do it. There will always be days when you hate yourself, days when you wish you had never been born. But darling you are beautiful, and if Shakespeare had met you you would’ve inspired his 18th sonnet, and if Monet had known you he would’ve given up painting water lilies and chosen to paint you instead. I know it’s hard to love yourself, but sometimes it’s okay to be a little selfish with your love.
11. When you begin to feel worthless, remember that the stars died for you. You are made of elements that are thousands of years old, elements that make up every atom of your being. When you want to cut your wrists, remember that the souls of stars live in your veins. Don’t kill them. Don’t be selfish.
12. Some days will be beautiful. Live for those days. Live for the days when the sun shines on your soul and the smile on your face isn’t forced. Live for the days when you don’t give a fuck what anyone thinks because your scars are a part of your story and you don’t need someone else’s approval to wear them with pride.
Live for the life you always wanted but were too scared to pursue.
Live for you. Live for me. Live for every person who has ever loved you, for the people who have come before you so that you may be here today.
Live for the fire that burns in your soul, that tells you: keep going, you’re almost there, just a little farther. Because when Rome burned down the emperor didn’t run away, he stayed and he sang for his people. Stay. Sing for your people. Sing for us.
Are you listening? Because this is your life, singing a siren song to capture your attention and steer away from the rocks, to guide you back home.
A feminist and an anti-feminist walk into a bar. They sit down and have a drink together because they’re adults who don’t let personal views effect their decisions on who they should or should not associate with.
can’t wait to go willingly spend my time with people who hold toxic views and treat me and my friends like garbage so that someone online thinks i’m an adult
"Ugh, can’t we just agree to disagree about your basic human rights?" is not actually an adult thing to say. I’d have spoiler tagged that except for the fact that everyone already knows that.
^ I’m glad this posts exists. Because I hate that “just agree to disagree” retort whenever I get angry or irate at someone. It’s not that I don’t want to have a pleasant conversation, but I am fairly sure I’m being a bad ally/activist/feminist if I talk to someone who uses a slur willy-nilly or has sexist jokes. Because I know how those “just words” and “just opinions” cause real harm and real damage.
The medicalization of trans identities is most harmful towards trans women. So isn’t it kind of really fucked up for the most privileged of trans people, white trans men, to claim that non-binaries/trans folk who don’t experience the exact same kind of dysphoria/etc are wrong because being trans is a medical condition and nothing else? Because constantly screaming ‘it’s a medical condition!!!’ is probably all well and good when you’ve not had medical journals published claiming you’re only trans because you get off on dressing ‘like a woman’ and it’s not really going to do you any personal harm by saying such things, but jesus christ, can people seriously not see what is wrong with claiming being trans can only be ONE thing while completely ignoring all the shit trans women (esp twoc) have had to go through because of people believing being trans can only be that ONE thing?
Actually, I know the answer to that question. Most of them probably CAN see the harm but choose to carry on calling every trans person with different experiences a transtrender because they have no problem whatsoever with causing such harm. Fucking over trans women is practically a sport for such people.
apparently these exact same people have been pulling misogynistic transphobic “medical transsexualism” bullshit on this site for over a year lol
im not sure these Hardcore Medical Transsexualism dudes are even entirely aware that trans women exist
today i met a christian guy who tries to follow the rules of the bible really good and i asked him if he is against gays because of Leviticus 20:13 and he told me no, he doesn’t because of Matthew 7
and he added that he would never judge anybody on their beliefs or way of living because only god can judge the people
this guy man
That would be *actual* Christianity for you.
Restored Mictlan Murals of Boyle Heights
Restored cultural murals on Penrith Drive off Whittier Boulevard in Boyle Heights, Los Angeles.
The murals were painted by Mictlan Murals in 1999 and 2000 with the help of community members lead by artist Raul Gonzalez. They were restored in 2012 and 2013 with private funds, and with support from MCLA, the Mural Conservancy of Los Angeles.
Character: Sailor Twilight Sparkle
Photographer: Stephane Laroche
man fuck you Virginia
it is 70f outside
Fuck you Virginia, it’s 25f here in Michigan. =.=